The Super Bowl makes us crave food like nachos and ranch dressing, but because we’re sitting on the couch, not running down the field, it might behoove us to lighten our typical football-watching spread. Cue: Salted Honey Cinnamon Cashews.
They’re a synch to make, and that salty-sweet combo is so satisfying. If cashews aren’t your fav, try this glaze with pecans, almonds . . . even walnuts!
Put out a few little bowls and watch them disappear or squirrel them away for yourself and sprinkle them over a wintery salad.
Food La La Recipe: Salted Honey Cinnamon Cashews
- 2 cups whole, unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat honey, cinnamon, salt in a saucepan over low heat until honey is thinned (don’t let it boil)
- Add cashews to bowl and pour honey over nuts. Mix well
- Spread out evenly on parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely (WHY? #1) and store in airtight container for up to one week.
Psst! Some recipes notes:
WHY? #1? The cashews are sticky right out of the oven. If you put them in a container before they've cooled, they’ll stick together in one big chunk.
*Note: These will become sticky if you leave them out for a long period of time, so keep them sealed in an airtight container until serving.