According to Pinterest, snap peas are trending big time (yes, food trends are a thang). And I actually love them just the way they are—right out of the bag—crunchy, refreshing, and just a little bit sweet. But with all this dreary weather lately I’ve been wanting to infuse some tropical vibes into my food.
This is a fun snack for when you need something just a little different. And for when raw veggies just ain’t gonna cut it (hi, hello, been there).
So put on your hula skirt (and/or coconuts—nobody’s watchin’) and give these guys a whirl.
Food La La Recipe: Mango Coconut Snap Peas
- 1 10 oz bag snap peas, organic
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 TBS toasted coconut
- ½ bag freeze dried mango, powdered* (I used this kind)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Wash peas and trim off ends
- Toss with coconut oil and kosher salt.
- Arrange on a parchment lined banking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add toasted coconut and dried mango. Toss to coat. Eat immediately.
Psst! A few recipe notes:
- Note: To powder the freeze dried mango, either pulse it in a food processor, or crunch with hands over a fine sieve.