When I was little, frozen lemonade was the house slumber party cocktail. Kind of like a frozen margarita, but instead of lime and tequila it’s lemon and strawberry. Even when you’re 8, sipping a mocktail out of a fancy glass just feels grown up.
Today, I’d be a little more inspired to blend a shot of vodka in to please the adult crowd, but it’s truly so tangy and refreshing on its own I might just leave it.
The magic in this recipe though is the heart shaped strawberries. They can be made with just a knife (but cutting a large “V” and then delicately making the rounded top with the tip of the knife), but I recommend tracking down a small heart shaped cookie cutter.
Food La La Recipe: Frozen Lemonade & Strawberry Hearts
- 1 can frozen pink lemonade (organic if possible)
- 2 cups of ice
- For garnish: 8-10 strawberries, mint leaves
- Martini glasses, frozen
- Cut a strawberry vertically into three slices (two end pieces, and one more center/fleshy piece with stem attached). Use a heart shaped cutter to punch a heart out of each third (though the center fleshy piece won’t be as pretty as the outer pieces that display the bright red skin). If the heart looks too thick, just use your knife to cut it again vertically to shave off some of the thickness. Set aside.
- Empty entire lemonade can into a blender. Add ice and blend.
- Taste, then add water if you want to dilute it a bit and re-blend.
- Pour frozen lemonade into a martini glass, garnish with a few strawberry hearts and a spring of mint. Serve immediately.
Psst! A few recipe notes!
Note: if you over blend you’ll liquefy the mixture